1. All 1 Mark stamps are originals but there were three different
printings.of Scott #22.
2. If the stamp is perforated 13½ x 14¼ and the color of the
ribbon is a pale salmon, it is the 1st Printing.
3. If the stamp is perforated 13½ x 14¼ and the color of the
ribbon is carmine or bright red (these are difficult to separate
unless examples are available for comparison), it is either the
2nd or 3rd Printing. Examine under ultra violet light. The
2nd Printing is bright lilac red; the 3rd Printing is a dull red.
4. If the stamp is perforated 11 1/2, it is Scott #24.
1. All 5Mark stamps are originals.
2. Separate these two stamps by the
difference in perforations.